2 large Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and chopped
2 tbs granulated sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375°. Grease a 9″ cake pan.
2. Combine filling ingredients in a large bowl and pour into the cake pan. Spread the sliced butter evenly over the top.
3. Reuse the same bowl to combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add in the egg and butter and mix thoroughly. Use a spoon to drop the topping over the apple mixture. Don’t worry about covering the entire thing or getting it perfect.
5. Bake for 40 minutes and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
A great take-along snack packed with the goodness of grains and fruit.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/4 cup chopped nuts
2 tablespoons flaked coconut (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir to blend.
2. Add buttermilk, oil, and egg whites; beat just until blended. Stir in apple, dried fruit, and nuts. Spread batter evenly in pan and top with coconut, if desired. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and cut into 10 bars.